Thursday, August 6, 2020

Interview: Imperial Triumphant


Image courtesy of Imperial Triumphant 
If you would have asked me a year ago where I thought I'd be today, I would have probably said sitting on my couch with a cat on my lap and thirty pounds heavier. As it stands only two of those three things are true. Never in a million years would I have guessed that I would be posting my interview with Steve Blanco of Imperial Triumphant. But here, I am doing just that (on my couch, with a cat in my lap... I think I've actually lost about 20 pounds since last year). Steve and I talked about everything from his new album Alphaville, to the overlap between metal and jazz, and the roots of his band's aesthetic. It's a pretty wild and wonderful ride that I'm overjoyed to present it to you today. You can read the interview here, and can grab a copy of Alphaville here