Wednesday, February 3, 2021

Album Review: Cheekface - Emphatically No.

It frustrates me a little bit to recommend Cheekface's Emphatically No. because I feel like it exudes the squeaky clean air of that witty-by-half, performatively depressive, middle-class flaneur, whose abundance of malaise is admittedly a product of decades of uninterrupted comfort, the kind of person who I feel is my utter antithesis, but the album is actually pretty funny and relatable. It's good even, really good. I can't deny it. Despite my irritation with the world view, I feel the album comes from, I believe that I was able to bite back my more cutting criticisms in order to highlight its merits for New Noise today. Someday soon I may need to serve up a spicer take on a lesser album in the same lane, but that won't be the case here. Check out my write up at the link below. 

Write up of Emphatically No. on New Noise. 

Get it from New Professional Music here (if you feel like it).