Saturday, March 11, 2023

Interview: Crisis Actor

Late in 2022, I had a very fun chat with Jonathan, Zach, and Tony of the LA punk band Crisis Actor. We had a previous conversation while I was writing for New Noise in 2021, which unfortunately never got published, but I really love their style of old-school punk revival, and I felt like I owed them a do-over. So I got back in touch with Tony and we had our do-over, and everything was great... until I realized that the audio had become corrupted somehow. It seemed like the universe was conspiring to keep this conversation from reaching your ears. Thankfully I was able to persevere and recover most of what we recorded. Fittingly, this is the 13th episode of my this blog's podcast and I am very glad to get it over the finish line for your to enjoy. We go into the finer details of their latest LP False Flag, and I also get their essential takes on things like paranoia, The Misfits, ACAB, and the end of Alex Jones's career.  Check out the interview below:


Listen to Crisis Actor's False Flag here: 


At one point in the interview, Tony mentions that the band is best experienced live. Well, as luck would have it, they released a live album last month. It's raw, real, and in your face, like a classic punk live tape should be. Check it out below: