Saturday, January 11, 2020

Show Recap: Ian's Party 2020 - Friday


Partied at Ian's the weekend before last and I have a few thoughts on some of the bands that stopped in to entertain the fine folks of Chicago. I only made it out for Friday of the three-day fest this year (place frowny face emoji here for emphasis). If'in you didn't know, Ian's Party is the mostly local jamboree that a group of Elgin, IL ex-pats put on the first weekend of each new year to celebrate the city's (and greater midwest's) diverse DIY scene. This year I checked out SuperKnova, Bev. Rage and the Drinks, Tow Houses, Kali Masi and many other super talented people. Chicago Crowd Surfer posted my notes from the fest on their website's refrigerator door. Link below.

Friday at Ian's party ft. SuperKnova, Drilling for Blasting, Kali Masi, Abertooth Lincoln, Tow Houses, and Bev Rage and the Drinks

I still call Dimo's in Wicker Park the "Ian's on Damen."