Tuesday, December 8, 2020

Album Review: Soul Glo - Songs to Yeet at the Sun


Year end recaps are a plague and should be abolished. However, I did contribute to No Echo's. Why? Because No Echo is doing it right. Carlos didn't ask us to rehash our thoughts on stuff we've already covered.  He respects his contributors enough to let us write about what we know is important to talk about, instead of what we feel we need to talk about in order to meet some vague concept of reader/industry expectations. A lot of the people who contributed to this list wrote about albums that they hadn't previously written about for any other site, myself included. My contribution was a short review of Soul Glo's Songs to Yeet at the Sun, an album that seems to have been designed from the ground up to defy wrote critical assessment. I have no idea if I was able to get on Soul Glo's level with my own take, but I did my best. You can determine how I did for yourself below. 

Check out all the recs! Support independent artists and support independent media!