Wednesday, August 11, 2021

Interview: Chiminyo

Image courtesy of Chiminyo
Image courtesy of Chiminyo

I had the pleasure of interviewing London-based percussionist and electronic producer Tim Doyle aka Chiminyo a little while back. He released his debut LP not that long ago called I Am Panda. It's a phenomenal mix of electronic dance, house, R'nB, and jazz, that sets the stage for extraordinary explorations of mood and deep pools of emotion. He's a one-man sound studio, where his kit is the mixing board. I was initially interested in talking with Tim because of his technique, which revolves around sounds and pre-programmed sequences that are triggered by his percussion... but then I found out that he's just a really cool guy, and my goal for the interview became to just try and get him to talk about himself. Which worked out pretty well, imho. 

Check out my conversation with Chiminyo below: