Sunday, May 22, 2022

Interview: Kill Alters

Photo by Matt Lief Anderson

Kill Alters is an experimental sound project helmed by Bonnie Baxter. It started when she began sampling old cassette tapes that her mother recorded of herself, but with time, it became something else entirely. Kill Alters released their LP Armed To The Teeth L.M.O.M.M. back in February of '22 and it immediately fascinated me. I listen to a lot of experimental music but this project just had an energy that completely overwhelmed my senses. Thankfully Bonnie didn't mind talking to and putting my head back on straight. In this interview, we discuss her new album, her relationship with her mother, and a lot of other stuff that is totally unrelated to either. I hope you like it and learn a little something too. 

Listen to the full interview below:

Armed To The Teeth L.M.O.M.M. is out on Hausu Mountain.