Monday, January 16, 2023

Interview: Footballhead

Image courtesy of the artist.

Talked with an up-and-coming rock star for the CHIRP Radio Artist Interview Series this week. Ryan Nolen is Footballhead, a one-man band writing and recording some of the most impeccably grand and immediate rock music I've heard in a minute. His Kitchen Fly EP dropped last year and he's already working on a follow-up LP which I'm sure will make just as big (or bigger!) of a splash. If this wasn't all cool enough, he also already lined up opening slots with the likes of Dazy and even put my own knowledge and taste of '90s cartoons to shame during our conversation. This last one really blew me away (I watched a ton of cartoons as a kid/young adult/full-ass adult). You can check out our convo on CHIRP's site here, or below: 

Listen to the Kitchen Fly EP here: