Monday, April 17, 2023

Interview: Fire-Toolz

Had my second conversation with Angel Marcloid for CHIRP Radio's Artist Interview Series last week and the episode is now live (this is literally the fastest I have ever edited anything in my life)! We mostly talked about her new album I am upset because I see something that is not there. This may sound like a standard interview, but she started it out by telling me that the title was inspired by a channeled work, and things pretty much proceeded apace from there. I ended up having to cut out quite a few interesting tidbits in order to trim it down to time. Some fun facts about the fundraising campaign and merch decision are now lost to the abyss, in addition to some in-depth info on the cover art. Most interestingly I learned that the holy trinity is represented there. I'm not going to say how, but if you give it a glance you might be able to guess. You might also notice that Angel herself is featured on the cover (possibly a first for the project), adorned with a halo. The reason, as she explained to me, is not to sanctify herself but rather to indicate her connectedness to all things; an acknowledgment, not that she is most sacred, but that all living things, humans included, are sacred. There is more that I'm not going to get into right now, but if you listen to the interview you'll still be able to glean some penetrating insights. Most illuminating of all, is that Fire-Toolz is about having fun. Mostly Angel having fun... but she's not going to deny you a good time if you're open to it. You can listen to the full interview on CHIRP's site or below:

Listen to I am upset because I see something that is not there here: