Monday, May 8, 2023

Interview: The Bollweevils

Image by Paul Catani

I got to be a huge punk nerd this week and chat up Daryl from Chicago legends The Bollweevils for CHIRP Radio's Artist Interview Series. The first time I saw the Bollweevils was in Chicago at Riot Fest in 2006(?), and all I knew about them then was that they were a big deal and had just gotten back together for the Fest. Sweaty, dumb little me with footprints on the back of his NOFX shirt from when some dude who had 60 pounds on me steamrolled my ass in the pit during Fear City's set, had no idea that he'd someday get to chat with one of these dudes about their legacy and continuing to love music while striving to do your best regardless of where you find yourself in life... It's a weird feeling looking back. A good feeling, but weird and hard to explain. I'm going to stop writing before I get too mushy here and blow what little punk cred I have left. You can check out my interview with Daryl here, or below:  

The Bollweevils latest album, and first in fourteen years, Essential, is out on Red Scare. You can listen to it below: