Thursday, May 27, 2021

Album Review: Mannequin Pussy - Perfect

Wrote about the new EP from Philly punk band Mannequin Pussy for New Noise. It's pretty good. They needed to shake the quarantine fatigue off in some kind of way and an EP is an alright way of doing that. Unfortunately, this is one of those albums that gets less interesting every time you listen to it. I liked it a lot the first time I heard it, but by the fifth or sixth spin, it definitely started to grate my nerves. I still like the variety of ideas they throw at you, but it all gets strained through the twin garbage shoots of #sadindierock and moderate tempo melo-punk. It's a little underwhelming but I still think it's ok. Give it a listen and make up your own mind. Links below: 

Read my lame little write up of Mannequin Pussy's Perfect here. 

Buy Perfect here.