Monday, May 10, 2021

Interview: Sacripolitical

Photo courtesy of the band

I had a great chat with John Marmysz, lead singer of the Marin hardcore band Sacripolitical today. He and his and have been around since the early '80s and they have a pretty good perspective on punk and how it developed in parallel with the rest of society over the past several decades. It was cool hearing what he had to say about how things have changed, and how they have stayed the same. Also, as someone who would really hopes to see the world transformed for the better someday, I have an ongoing and hapless interest in other people's politics and values that John was happy to indulge. His positions fall far outside the deranged consensus reality you get from cable news and talk radio, or the run-away brain-rot you can contract from spending too much (or really any) time on Twitter, and I appreciate the fresh perspective he was able to provide. I really am thankful to John and the band for answering my questions and being so thorough and thoughtful to boot. 

Read my interview with Sacripolitical on New Noise. 

Get Sacripolitical's new EP Pandemic Sessions here.