Thursday, March 3, 2022

I done good, I guess...

I be running up on ya Chicago! Local scene weekly the Reader just released their "Best of Chicago" issue which lists the results of their reader poll on what people in Chicago liked best in 2021. The podcast I co-run with Jessi D for CHIRP Radio was nominated for the runner-up in the "Best Music Podcast" category. Sound Opinions with Jim DeRogatis and Greg Kot took the gold. It is the same result as last year and there is no shame in taking second place. Frankly, I'm just glad someone noticed what I'm doing and cared to vote for it. That's validation enough imho. 

On the same topic, the CHIRP Radio Blog took the top slot for "Best Blog" so congrats to Clarence and Nikki for their work there. I sometimes contribute interviews to the blog, so I guess this is a small victory for me as well. 


None of this changes my thoughts on "Best of" of lists in general. There is a lot of talent out there and it all deserves consideration, whether or not it receives any kind of official recognition.