Monday, April 12, 2021

Album Review: The Sombre - Shapeless Misery

"I don’t think I’m alone when I say that I usually find out a band is one of the many projects created by Dutch metal-magus Maurice de Jong after I’ve decided that I like the band in question. The sequence of events usually proceeds as such: I will get an email about a new album, I will listen to the album, I will decide that I like the album and that I am interested in the band who made it, I will look up the band and find out it is another solo or side-project of Maurice de Jong. This process will likely continue to repeat until I either go deaf, or the ocean levels rise and drown me, whichever comes first." - This is the introduction to my review of Shapeless Misery over on New Noise. Check out the whole thing at the links below.