Monday, June 14, 2021

Album Review: Noctule - Wretched Abyss


"Noctule is a U.K.-based, one-woman black metal band, founded by Svalbard vocalist Serena Cherry. During the 2020 lockdown in Britain, due to the COVID pandemic, Serena had a lot more time to indulge in a favorite pastime of hers, playing video games. While diving back into the world of The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim, it occurred to her that the themes of the game would combine well with her other great and terrible love, black metal." - That's how my review of Noctule starts, read the rest on New Noise. Links below: 


Buy Wretched Abyss here. 

I don't know if it has any significance to the game Skyrim, but as far as I can tell a Noctule just is a kind of bat. Based on that definition alone, I think it's a great name for a black metal band. I just wanted to point out this fact out because I forgot to in my review.